• Only capital active assets can be separated.
• Assets to be separated must be greater than one.
• Any asset type code with the flag 'moving code' checked requires a valid campus, building code, and room number combination, or an off-campus address. All asset type codes for movable equipment are validated for this code.
• Any asset type code with the flag 'reg bldg' checked will require a building code. Asset type codes for buildings are validated for this code.
• Any asset type code with the flags 'moving code, and reg bldg' unchecked will require a campus code but no building or room number. Asset type codes for land, land improvements and leasehold improvements are validated for this code.
• The Campus Code is copied from the original asset. Campus Code is required and validated.
• The Condition code is copied from the original asset. The Condition Code is required and validated.
• The Description is copied from the original asset. A Description is required. The system will require a minimum of one character.
• When entering a tag number the system checks to see if the tag number already exists in the database. When it does an error message is presented to the user. Retired assets are excluded from this error.
• The Manufacturer is copied from the original asset. Manufacturer is required.
• When an asset is retrieved the system checks to see if the asset is locked by another transaction. A Transfer, Retirement, Asset Manual Payment, Financial Document, or pending invoice in CAB will lock an asset.
• The system confirms the amount fields: original amount = $separated amt + $new current amt, on all amount fields:
• An asset can be separated using the 'separate by payment' only when the asset has not been previously separated.
Additionally, please consider the following:
• An asset should be separated only after all of the invoices have been applied.
• The processor should check the asset information and correct any information (e.g. asset type) as needed before separating.