KFS User Role Audits
IU departments should perform regular audits to identify the following:
- Departmental employees who have KFS access in the auditing department's org code.
- Departmental employees who have KFS access in another department's org code.
Departmental representatives should then take the following actions:
Departmental employee who has KFS access in the auditing department's org code: ensure that the employee still has a business reason to maintain KFS access. If the employee's job duties no longer require KFS access, submit a System User Role document to inactivate their access.
Departmental employee who has KFS access in another department's org code: determine if the employee has a business reason to access KFS in their current position. If so, submit a System User Role document to update their org code. If not, verify that they are not a temporary employee who needs KFS access for another department before submitting a System User Role document to inactivate their access.
Note: Do not process an org change request transferring a user to an org outside your own department. You do not know if the user needs KFS access in their new position. FMS staff will disapprove System User Role documents that request this kind of transfer.
IUIE Audit Report
The KFS Universal User View report in IUIE can help you identify employees who fit into the above categories.
- Enter an asterisk (*) in the KFS Chart of Account Code field.
- Enter a Y in the Person Active Code field.
- Include the following columns in the report:
- Person User ID
- Person Full Name
- Person Department ID
- KFS Chart of Account Code
- KFS Org Code
- Under "Maximum Number of Rows to Return," make sure "No Limit" is selected.
- Select "MS Excel (XLS)" as the Output Format.
- Run the report.
- In the Excel spreadsheet, filter the Person Department ID column to list KFS users who, according to HRMS records, work in your department. If a user's Person Department ID cell is blank, they are an affiliate (not an IU employee) who has been granted KFS access.
- Look in the KFS Org Code column to identify employees in your department whose KFS access has been granted by another organization.
- Process System User Role docs either to inactivate employees' KFS access or to transfer employees to your department's org code.