Kuali Financial System
Become a KFS User
- The employee must enroll in and complete the Critical Data in KFS training. Additional information about the training, including enrollment instructions, are available on the Critical Data in KFS page of the FMS website.
- The employee must send an electronic version of their Certificate of Completion from the Critical Data in KFS training to the departmental representative who will request KFS access on their behalf.
- The employee's departmental representative must submit a KFS System User Role document, located in the Chart of Accounts module of KFS. Follow these instructions for step-by-step guidance on how to complete the System User Role document. Attach the electronic version of the employee's Certificate of Completion to the System User Role document using the Notes and Attachments tab.
The System User Role document will route to FMS for approval. Please allow 2-3 business days for your KFS access to be granted.
Please note that KFS Users must have an active Duo Token in order operate within the system.
Critical Data in the KFS
In fall 2015, access to view Vendor documents and the notes and attachments section of PCDO documents were globally restricted due to violations of University Policy DM-01: Management of Institutional Data. All KFS users should review how Indiana University classifies the data that it maintains. This is available through the Office of the Vice President for Information Technology's Classification of Institutional Data.
Any violations of IU's data management policies will result in the following corrective actions:
- A notification of the incident will be emailed to the policy offender and account and RC fiscal officer, with a copy to the campus administrator, vice chancellor, and the university controller; and
- Incidents will be tabulated by Procurement Services and Financial Management Services jointly for monthly reporting to the Committee of Data Stewards.
For more information, please reference the Memorandum on KFS Critical Data Security Violations.
KFS Hours of Availability
Monday-Saturday: 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Depending on the overnight batch process completion cycle, KFS may be available outside these times; however, the times listed above are the only ones when access to KFS is guaranteed.
KFS Module Responsibility
FMS manages some, but not all, the modules in KFS. See the list below for links to additional documentation and contact information for module-specific questions.
|KFS Module||Department Website||Phone|
|Accounts Receivable||FMS: Accounts Receivable||
|Budget Construction||University Budget Officeemail@example.com|
|Capital Asset Management||FMS: Capital Assets Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chart of Accounts||Financial Management Services||
|Effort Certification||Office of Research Administration|
|Financial Processing||Financial Management Services||
|Instructional Effort Reporting||University Budget Officeemail@example.com|
|Labor Distribution||Financial Management Services||
|Purchasing and Accounts Payable||
Purchasing (REQ, PO, RCVB)
Travel Management Services
Still Have Questions?
Contact FMS Customer Service.
- Web form (email): https://fms.iu.edu/support
- Phone: (812) 855-0375
- Fax: (812) 855-1879