*ITIN Interviews have been temporarily suspended at this time. Interviews will resume when Indiana University resumes face-to-face classes.*
Documentation Requirements for ITIN Application
The following required documents should be completed and received by University Tax Services at least 24 hours prior to scheduling the ITIN interview. University Tax Services will contact you to schedule the interview when the documentation has been processed.
- International Tax Questionnaire
- ITIN Application Request
- Passport and Visa
- Please note that you must bring your original Passport to the interview even though you provided a copy with the pre-submitted documentation. Without the original Passport, we cannot process or accept your ITIN application.
- Copy of stamp in passport page
- Copy of I-20 (F), DS-2019 (J), or I-797 if applicable
- Copy of contract or an Invitation to speak (on IU Department Letterhead) for applicants receiving Honoraria or other compensation for services
- Copy of Scholarship/Grant award letter from IU for applicants receiving scholarship, fellowship, or grant income
- Letter of Denial for an SSN from Social Security Administration (if an SSN has been applied for and was denied)
Documentation for visitors should be submitted to the appropriate campus at the contact information provided below.
|Bloomington||University Tax Services
400 E. 7th St.
Poplars Building Room 527
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: (812) 855-0375
Fax: (812) 856-4861
|Indianapolis||Office of International Affairs
902 W. New York St., ES 2126
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 274-7000
Fax: (317) 278-2213
|South Bend||Office of International Student Services
Administration Building A166X
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
P.O. Box 7111
South Bend, IN 46634-7111
|Not available on campus
Internal Revenue Service
Phone: (800) 829-1040