HRMS Voucher Access
University Human Resource Services (UHRS) manages access to the eDocs in HRMS. You will need to work with UHRS to obtain access to these documents.
An IU employee needing access to HRMS to process payroll must complete the following steps in the order listed below.
Note: Fiscal Officers and or Fiscal Approvers are not given access to payroll vouchers in HRMS.
- Complete the HRMS Data Use Tutorial and the FERPA Tutorial. Both are available on the HRMS/IUIE User Access Request page. See step-by-step instructions below.
- Have your Fiscal Officer complete the "Add Payroll Voucher Processor" request form on the HRMS/IUIE User Access Request page. Step-by-step instructions below.
- Attend the "Kuali Time for Supervisors and Payroll Processors" training, offered once a month. Prospective payroll processors can register for a session at HRMS Training Registration Page.
- Attend the "Payroll Essentials" training, offered once a month. Prospective payroll processors can register for a session at HRMS Training Registration Page.
Add Payroll Voucher Processor
- Open the HRMS/IUIE User Access Request page in a browser.
- From the "This request is to:" list, select "Add a new user."
- From the "What is the role to be modified?" list, select "Payroll Voucher Processor."
- Enter the employee's information in the form.
- Enter the Department ID, Department Campus, and Department Head's name and email address.
- In the "What HRMS web client access do you require?" section, click "IU Payroll" and enter the department(s) to which the employee requires access.
- Enter your email address in the "Submitter Email" field.
- In the comments section, enter a brief description of why the employee needs payroll access. Examples include, "Employee will process our monthly payroll," "Employee is a backup processor for our main payroll clerk," or another explanation that describes the duties the employee needs access to payroll to perform.
- Submit the form.