Except where noted, calculations for all endowment transactions adhere to the following rounding rules.
• No calculated value is ever truncated based on the number of decimals in a field.
• Every calculation made by the system rounds to the proper decimal value for the field.
• For each field that has a decimal value, if the calculation results carry past the expected decimals and if the next decimal value is greater than or equal to 5, the last decimal value is incremented by 1.
• If the calculation results carry past the expected decimals and if the next decimal value is less than 5, the last decimal value is not incremented.
• After rounding is complete, the value that is stored in the field will be the actual value to the number of decimals for the field, not the calculated value. To ensure balancing consistency, it is critical that the stored values be the actual values.