2. Log into the KFS as necessary.
3. Complete the standard tabs. Complete the Accounting Lines tab as follows:
• Encumbrance Section: Accounting lines entered on the Encumbrance side of the document generate new encumbrances on the specified accounts.
• Disencumbrance Section: Accounting lines entered on the Disencumbrance section of the document reverse existing encumbrances on the specified accounts.
on the Disencumbrance section require a Ref
Number which identifies the document number of the previous
pre-encumbrance that needs to be removed. Disencumbrances entered in the PE
document would only be used to remove an encumbrance previously established with
a PE document.
Note: For information about the standard tabs such as Document Overview, Notes and Attachments, Ad Hoc Recipients, Route Log, and Accounting Lines tabs, see Standard Tabs.
4. Complete the Pre-Encumbrance Details tab.
5. Click .
6. Review the General Ledger Pending Entries tab.
7. Review the Route Log tab.