2. Log into the KFS as necessary.
3. Complete the standard tabs.
• If entering a refund (using an expense object code rather than an income object code) enter the dollar amount as a negative number in the Accounting Lines tab.
entering a cash receipt for a capital asset, enter the appropriate existing
asset number in the Retrieve Asset to be
Updated section of the Capital Edit tab and use the
Accounting Lines tab to specify the account
from which the cash comes. You cannot enter a new asset for a cash receipt..
Note: For information about the standard tabs such as Document Overview, Notes and Attachments, Ad Hoc Recipients, Route Log, Accounting Lines and Capital Edit tabs, see Standard Tabs.
4. Complete the Coin and Currency Detail tab, if currency and coins are received.
5. Complete the Check Detail tab, if Individual Checks/Batches entry mode is selected.
6. If Total Only mode, enter the Check Amount in the Cash Reconciliation tab.
7. Click to update the Total Currency Amount, Total Coin Amount, and Cash Reconciliation Total fields (display-only)
8. Click after entering information for each check or batch.
Each time you add a check or batch, the Total Check Amount, Total Currency Amount, Total Coin Amount, and Cash Reconciliation Total fields in the Check Reconciliation tab are updated.
If you wish another user (such as the fiscal officer) to approve
or review the document before the approval by the central processing area,
select the requested action from the Action Requested
list, and enter the approver's username in the Person box or
select it from the person lookup ..
Note: For more information about ad hoc routing see Route Log.
10. Click .
Unless the ad hoc recipients are specified, the document is directly routed to the members of the KFS-FP Cash Manager role associated with the initiator's campus code. A member of this role must approve this document for it to be completed.
11. Print the Cash Receipt Cover Sheet, if necessary.
12. Review the General Ledger Pending Entries tab.
13. Review the Route
Note: For information about the Route Log tab, see Route Log.
15. A member of KFS-FP Cash
Manager role approves the document.
Note: For more information about how to approve a document, see Workflow Action Buttons.
The central processing area should reconcile the amount received for deposit with the cash receipt media breakdown and the CR documents, verify the CR document by confirming the amount of the media, and then approve the CR document.