The Capital Edit tab is included only in Cash Receipt, Distribution of Income and Expense, General Error Correction, Internal Billing, Procurement Card, and Service Billing financial transaction documents.
This tab allows users to add a new asset or update information about an existing asset to which this transaction applies. Information is required in this tab when the Accounting Lines tab contains an object code belonging to one of the following object type codes:
• AM: Art & museum objects
• CF: Capital movable equipment - federally funded
• CM: Capital equipment - university funded
• CO: Capital equipment - federally or other owned
• C1: Capital lease equipment - above threshold
• C2: Capital lease equipment - below threshold
• UC: Movable fabrication - university funded
• UF: University constructed - federal funded
• UO: Movable fabrication - federally owned
Use of this tab varies based on the business rules for each type of financial transaction.
Note: For more information about using this tab, see the documentation on the specific type of transaction you are performing.
The Capital Edit tab includes two sections—Retrieve Asset to be Updated and Create New Assets. Both sections are displayed regardless of the type of transaction, but for some types of transactions only one section or the other is appropriate.