• If the vendor number and invoice number match values previously processed, a warning notifies the initiator of the potential duplicate. Even so, the system allows the initiator to override the warning and continue.
• If the invoice amount and invoice date match values previously processed for this vendor, a warning notifies the initiator of the potential duplicate. Even so, the system allows the initiator to override the warning and continue.
• Expired or closed accounts warnings are provided to the user according to parameters. The accounting line shows current accounts being used. Refer to either the notes or the original PO to see the original accounts. (Whether the warning shows to an AP user is controlled by the parameter SHOW_CONTINUATION_ACCOUNT_WARNING_AP_USERS_IND. Whether the warning displays to the fiscal officer is controlled by the parameter SHOW_CONTINUATION_ACCOUNT_WARNING_FISCAL_OFFICERS_IND.)
• The user may process a payment request only on lines that have an available open quantity or—if the items are non-quantity—dollar amounts remaining.
• Pay Date may not be a past date. If the pay date is more than 60 days in the future, a warning is received.
• Discounts applied from payment terms do not apply to freight or shipping and handling charges.
• Additional charges items that were not specifically funded on the purchase order are allocated to accounting lines in proportion to the item amounts on the purchase order.
• The calculate button must be pressed prior to submitting the payment request.
• The following G/L entries are created when the payment request is submitted.
o Debit entry: The expense accounts (full accounting string) on the payment request are debited in the G/L when the initiator submits the document. The G/L entry is made in summary for each accounting string. Consequently, if three line items on a payment request use the same accounting string, only one debit (not three) is created in the G/L for that accounting string.)
• During fiscal officer approval routing of the PREQ, the fiscal officer/PREQ delegate may edit the accounts/sub-account/object codes and amounts. The existing account string is reversed. The new account string debits the expense and credits object code 9041, the liability offset.
• After being canceled, the G/L entries are reversed, any disencumbrance created from AP submission of the payment request is reversed, and the PO open quantities that were decremented from the creation of the payment request are increased. Only AP users may cancel a Payment Request document.
• Only AP users may modify a payment request's pay date, attachment flag, special handling instructions, immediate pay flag, and check stub notes. This action may be taken at any point following AP submit and preceding extract to PDP.
• Payment request searches are available to all users.
• If payment requests total less than the threshold established by the institution and do not have any accounts requiring positive approval, they may be automatically approved.
• After being extracted, a payment request cannot be put on hold.
• A payment request is extracted for payment if the following conditions are met:
o The PREQ is department-approved or auto-approved.
o The Pay Date is today or a prior date or 'immediate pay' is indicated and the payment has departmental approval.
o The payment is not Hold = 'yes'.
o If the payment request includes accounts that are excluded from auto-approval, it must be department-approved.
• The following rules apply for allowable accounts to be charged on a PREQ. These are the same rules used for the PO. The specific codes for these rules may be specified via parameters.
o Object codes in the consolidations of Compensation (CMPN), Financial Aid (SCHL), Reserves (RSRX) and Assessments Expenditures (ASEX) are not allowed.
o Object codes in the levels of Depreciation (DEPR), Indirect Cost Expense (ICOE), Valuations and Adjustments (VADJ) and Taxes (TAX) are not allowed.
o Object codes with a sub-type code for Transfers (TN) are allowed.