• When creating a new organization with the organization type code ('C: Campus' or 'U: University'), the default account number is not required, since an organization is required to create an account.
• The organization cannot report to itself unless it has an organization type code of 'U.
• Reports to Chart and Organization must follow a path that ends at the known root chart and organization represented by the organization with a type of 'U.
• When creating a new organization the Organization Begin Date must be greater than or equal to today's date.
• When creating a new organization the document may not be blanket approved, except by the University Chart Manager.
• An organization cannot be inactive while there are active accounts or active organizations that report to it.
• If an organization is made inactive, the Organization End Date is required.