In addition to the standard business rules for endowment transactions, the following business rules apply to holding history value adjustment transactions:
• The security entered must not have a liability class code.
• After you enter a security, the system displays the associated security name and class code, class code description, and valuation method description.
• The month-end date defaults to the most recent month end value.
• All values entered must be positive values.
• If the valuation method for the security is ‘M’ (Market Value), you must enter a value in the Market Value field and no value in the Unit Value field.
• If the valuation method for the security is ‘M,’ after you submit the e-doc the system calculates the unit value and places it in the Unit Value field.
• This action is not reversible. To correct entry errors before the next month end, you must initiate a new Holding History Value Adjustment transaction. If the error is not caught until after the next month end, programming assistance is required to modify the record(s) in the data base. In this situation, audit records of all database changes must be maintained.