The main validation rules include validation of values against the lookup tables, setting defaults for blank values, and enforcing rules. The following summarizes the major rules contained in the 'Labor Scrubber' process.
• If the Fiscal Year field is blank, assign the current fiscal year.
• The fiscal year must exist in the System Options table and it must be open.
• If the account is closed, look for a continuation account.
• If the account is expired and the balance type is not an encumbrance balance type defined in the Systems Options maintenance table, look for a continuation account.
• If the Sub-Account, Sub-Object, or Project Code field is blank, set it to dashes.
• If the Balance Type field is blank, set it to 'AC' (actual).
• If the Object Type field is blank, set it to the object type of the object code.
• If the Fiscal Period field is blank, assign the period code of the accounting period containing the run date.
• The Document Number field must not be blank or zeroes.
• The Transaction Description field must not be blank.
• The Amount field must be numeric.
• The Debit/Credit Code field must be 'D' or 'C'.
• If the Transaction Date field is blank, set it to the run date.
• The transaction date must exist in the Universal Date table.
• If the balance type is an encumbrance balance type and the object type is not a fund balance object type, the encumbrance update code must be 'D' (Disencumbrance), 'R' (Reversal), or 'N' (None). In all other cases, the encumbrance update code must be blank.