Description: KFS report that displays the detail for an account's open encumbrances, listed by type. Used to review open encumbrances on an account.
Access: Any KFS user can initiate a Open Encumbrances Lookup.
KFS Module: Financial Processing.
Click a screenshot below to view the full-sized image in a new tab.
Some query fields will be populated by default. On the Open Encumbrances query, the current fiscal year will display in the Fiscal Year field and EX, or External Encumbrance, will display in the Balance Type Field.
Fiscal Year, Chart Code, and Account Number are the required fields on this query. Alternatively, if the Document Number is entered, Fiscal Year is the only required field. Limit search results by providing additional search parameters. Use the magnifying glass beside each field to search for a value if you do not know what to enter. Wildcard characters are compatible with the following fields in this query:
- Account Number
- Object Code
- Sub-Object Code
Additionally, valid values for the Balance Type field are:
- EX - External Encumbrance
- IE - Internal Encumbrance
- PE - Pre-encumbrance
Include Pending Ledger Entry
Balance inquiries allow a user to choose to include or exclude pending ledger entries. Pending ledger entries are transactions from documents that have been approved or submitted for approval, but have not yet posted to the General Ledger.
- No: Only return data from documents that reached Final status the previous day; data in this report is one day old. Default option.
- Approved: Include data from documents that reached Final status sometime today. These transactions have been approved and will post to the General Ledger overnight.
- All: Include data from all documents associated with this account, regardless of their status: Saved, Cancelled, En Route status, or Final. Selecting this option can generate misleading results. Saved documents may contain incomplete or unbalanced accounting entries. Additionally, submitted documents may not reach Final status. Use this option with the understanding that saved and unapproved transactions may change drastically prior to posting to the General Ledger, or may never post at all.
Include Zeroed Out Encumbrances
- Include: Search results will display encumbrances that are no longer outstanding.
- Exclude: Search results will not display encumbrances that are no longer outstanding. Default option.
- Closed Amount: The amount of encumbrance that has been relieved to date. Note: subtracting the Closed Amount from the Open Amount gives the amount of the encumbrance that is still outstanding.
- Open Amount: The amount of the original encumbrance. Note: subtracting the Closed Amount from the Open Amount gives the amount of the encumbrance that is still outstanding.