Kuali Enterprise Dashboard (KED) Frequently Asked Questions
The Kuali Enterprise Dashboard (KED) is the new integrated portal for the Kuali Financial System (KFS) and Kuali Coeus (KC). KED replaces the existing portals and contains all the KC and KFS links to which you have access.
The technology that supports the existing portals are retiring. The Kuali Enterprise Dashboard (KED) is a step towards the contemporary Kuali look and feel.
The direct links to KC and KFS functions currently in One will remain. KED will replace the following One tasks:
- Kuali Financial System (Authorized Users),
- Grants and Contracts,
- All IRB Services, and
- KC All Maintenance Services.
Some users have reported that, when they follow the links to KFS or KC, they see only a blank screen. Other users have reported that they see the "Kuali Enterprise Dashboard" header, but do not see the left navigation links. Currently, this is only a problem for individuals using Internet Explorer. The issue can be fixed for most users by adjusting the Compatibility View settings in your browser. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your browser's Tools menu.
- Click "Compatibility View Settings."
- Make sure that ".iu.edu" is not listed in the box under "Websites you've added to Compatibility View."
- If it is listed, please delete it, and re-attempt to access the KED.
- If it is not listed, proceed to step 4.
- If you are still unable to access the KED, go back into the Compatibility View Settings and uncheck both boxes ("Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" and "Use Microsoft compatibility lists").
- If steps 3 and 4 do not resolve the problem, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the KED implementation team will investigate the issue and contact you.
There are three reasons you may not find what you’re looking for when using the search box.
- Make sure you enter more than two letters in the search box. The search algorithm needs three or more characters in order to work.
- The search algorithm searches only the words contained in document links. Broaden your search by entering less information into the search field.
- Your results list will only contain document links to which you have access. For example, if you search for “disbursement voucher” but you are not a DV initiator, you will not see a link to the Disbursement Voucher document in your search results.
You will only see links to documents to which you have access. For example, if you do not have permissions to initiate disbursement vouchers, you will not see a link to the “Disbursement Voucher” document in your menu.
Additionally, in the transition from the previous Kuali dashboard to the Kuali Enterprise Dashboard (KED), some unused document links were eliminated and others were moved to different modules. You may still have access to the document link, but the link may not be where you expect to find it. Use the search box to locate your desired document link.
The checkboxes allow you to filter the kind of modules links that display in the left navigation menu. By default, all three boxes are checked. You can uncheck as desired to reduce the number of module link/groups that are displayed, but will need to uncheck the checkboxes every time you begin a new session.
Click the "Vendor" group in the left navigation bar. Then click the "Vendor" link under "Activities." The Vendor Lookup page will open in a new tab or window. Click the "Create New" button in the top right corner of the page to create a new vendor record. Always search for an existing record before creating a new record to avoid duplicate vendor records in KFS!
You should only see modules, groups, or document links that you have access to. Note that both KFS and KC have lookups and activities that are available to all users, regardless of their level of access. If you feel you have access to something inappropriate, click the “Feedback” link and provide us with details so we can investigate.
The previous Kuali portal and the KED will run in parallel through December 1st. The KED will default as the primary portal on November 1st.
- Activity links result in an action or create a document.
- References link to lookups and document searches.
- Administration links are system setup lookups and maintenance documents.
These links are still available in the Kuali Enterprise Dashboard (KED) but are located in different places. Look for the “Action List” and “Doc Search” links on the right side of the header. The other links are nested within the module links in the left navigation menu.
There is a “Help Links” group in the left navigation menu. This group includes links to Kuali Financials System (KFS), Kuali Coeus (KC), and Kuali Enterprise Dashboard (KED) help.
The first time you log into the Kuali Enterprise Dashboard (KED), your menu permissions are cached to allow for faster loading during subsequent sessions. If any permissions are made to your permissions after the initial cache (for example, you are granted the ability to initiate DVs), this link will enable you to pull in those new changes.