Disbursement Voucher Overview
**UPDATED JULY 22, 2019** DV's have been deactivated. All business formerly transacted on the DV is now handled in BUY.IU on a Check Request form. Visit the Purchasing page for BUY.IU to learn more.
A disbursement voucher (DV) is a complex electronic document in KFS that processes payment transactions.
Use of disbursement vouchers is governed by the following IU Policies:
The use of a disbursement voucher (DV) involves more than just the initiation and submission of the KFS document. Users must also consider whether a DV is the appropriate payment method, ensure that a payee is established in KFS, submit the appropriate materials with the DV, and confirm that payment is issued. The DV payment process can be broken into six broad procedural steps:
- Step 1: Determine the most appropriate payment method.
- Step 2: Search for an existing payee or vendor record.
- Step 3: If no vendor exists, create a new vendor record.
- Step 4: Initiate the DV document in KFS.
- Step 5: Gather and submit supporting documentation.
- Step 6: Follow the DV document until it reaches final status and the payment is generated.